SPL 1.60% 9.6¢ starpharma holdings limited

@Joelsmith2452 I actually agree with partially with what you...

1. 3,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 793
    @Joelsmith2452 I actually agree with partially with what you said. Priorities probably should be elsewhere.

But optics do matter as does a CEO being upfront, reliable and truthful with shareholders. Jackie could and should register Viraleze in Australia for credibility, marketing and legitimacy for future negotiations with potential partners. It can be launched in the future in Oz when justified. Hell we even had VivaGel BV registered in Europe for over 2 years before we found a partner and launched the product!!

Personally IMO though, launching Viraleze in Australia any time soon would not be a sound commercial decision. Three reasons: basically zero community transmission; a very blasé, she’ll be right mate and sceptical public; and finally the cost to manufacture in Australia would not stack up to the likely lack of demand here.

However, the key takeout for me is that in this instance of the TGA matter, Jackie appears to be continuing to not deliver what she says she will. There will be lots of disappointed punters on here that were led to believe and were hoping that TGA approval might be imminent.

Based on what she said to Alan Kohler. To quote Jackie:

“The plan is to approve in Europe and then through mutual recognition will be coming to the TGA with that approval.” and
    “Look, it's a simplified and expedited process for a mutual recognition of the approval category that it is, so it should be a fast approval. That's really down to the TGA, but it should actually be a matter of a few weeks in Australia, but it remains to be seen, I guess, how busy the TGA is at that time.”

So to be fair, we don’t actually know if Viraleze has been submitted to the TGA or not. But from the article in The Australian with Ticky Fullerton and the fact that it’s been almost 7 weeks since Viraleze was registered in Europe and the UK, and no info coming out of SPL HQ, on balance I’d say it has not been submitted to the TGA.

As always DYOR and think critically. Don’t ignore and dismiss out of hand differing opinions or information that does not suit your own narrative and bias. My thoughts only.....
    Last edited by sarge17: 10/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.