XJO 1.75% 8,092.3 s&p/asx 200

Panic sell off.The real economy in Aus and Asia is still...

1. 423 Posts.
    Panic sell off.

The real economy in Aus and Asia is still perfectly sound. It's always amazed me how the share price of a company is completely removed from it's actual operations. Previously, I always wondered how companies can raise money in a float, then bugger off and not consult with their supposed "owners", apart from the total sham of the AGM.

Now, we're seeing another side of this dissociation - nothing fundamentally changes in the companies, but S/P in free fall. Why? No good reason, just panic.

I'd like to go back to the fundamental purpose of a stock market - it's for companies to raise money, so they can run their business. This means investing in the market should be for the long term. make it illegal to sell anything you haven't owned for 3 months or more.

Enforce PROPER reporting to the market, so that the true owners of a company are running it, not the executives. At present, the "boards" are basically made up of CEO's of other companies!!! What a joke. It's an old boys club, where the board members supposedly represent shareholders, but in reality are a bunch of CEOs from other companies now deciding on the compensation for the executives of THIS company.

Guess what - I scratch your back today, tomorrow you scratch mine. This old boys club vote themselves bigger and bigger pay packets, thumbing their noses at the market.

There is so much wrong with this system, it's not funny. Does anyone seriously believe that a worker on the shop floor is "worth" $50,000 a year, while the CEO in the office is "worth" $10,000,000 a year??? It's greed at it's worst, capitalism at it's worst.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.