SMN 4.76% 66.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

here's my take: Delta are currently working on multiple...

1. 32 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    here's my take:

Delta are currently working on multiple applications for multiple aircraft types. Preparing applications can be as quick as 2 weeks based on it's similarity to prior applications.

Mike Reveley said:
    "Delta has a unique relationship with their complete fleet customers that effectively means these are external operators that have effectively said to Delta we are relying on you to maintain aircraft as if they were Delta aircraft".
    I interpret this relationship with fleet customers to mean that adoption will be rapid and widespread.

Mike also said:
    "Prior to the contract being signed with Delta the head of maintenance at several airlines contacted David Piotrowski (Principal engineer at Delta) interested in the SMN programme".

Toby Chandler stated that SMN is a high margin/low operating cost proposition.

There was some info on Sikorsky at the end of the call. Sikorsky wants to tie in multiple SHM sensor types, some from a different supplier. SMN passed lab tests at Sandia but are waiting on the testing of the 3rd party sensors to be completed. So it's up to Sikorsky to make a decision on how to proceed and when to conduct testing in aircraft. Mike said Sikorsky have identified a major customer to participate with the aircraft testing. SMN to meet with Sikorsky after the Stanford conference.

Apache deal ongoing.

So I think in the near future we'll see more and more applications approved which will increase the number of sensors used and the aircraft types the sensors are installed on. I don't think the market fully appreciates the importance of the Delta tie up. Techops relationship with it's customers will hopefully see an accelerated rollout. As for a rotorwing deal, I think it may be a long way off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.030(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $90.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
65.0¢ 75.0¢ 65.0¢ $173.5K 255.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 16972 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
73.0¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.