XJO 1.75% 8,092.3 s&p/asx 200

wednesday trading, page-106

1. 948 Posts.
    Hi Virginiak,

Just read your post from last night - sorry, I went to bed right after my last post (internet cut out again). Hope the classical music was good. What I described that I did last week was a one-off. More for disappointment in myself than anything else, as I am my worst critic - which is largely unwarranted. I botched it yesterday myself. The move I was patiently waiting for happened, I got on almost at the top on the FTSE, but got off before it really started to tank - psyched myself out (letting my stop handle it would have been better) got back on just below 6350, but memories of the last time I did that and seeing a big intraday rally n recent days made me jump back out. My plan was to double up when it broke below 6350, which I did initially, but that was a false break and was were I got shaken/psyched out of the first position.

Yesterday was a non-event for the ASX for me. I didn't watch it until later in the day. So I missed what I was actually waiting for (getting on near the top).

I'm putting this all down to good experience because I am a novice when it comes to short term and index trading, particularly in volatile market. The way I see it is that its persistence that pays off in the long run. I see missed opportunities as the providing the necessary experience thats is required for stocks market success. I almost had it right anyway. Would have been nice profits to have, but I preserved my capital which is step 1 anyway.

Did you mention some even that was happening this weekend?

Cheers

Rom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.