CPL 0.00% 2.2¢ csl finance plc

Ive got the kevlar helmet tightly fastened whilst I poke my head...

1. 2,070 Posts.
    Ive got the kevlar helmet tightly fastened whilst I poke my head out of the bunker...

Tough times indeed, its taken the perfect storm (combination of weak coal prices right at the time of financing the project & Gene departing) to strike doubt into the CPL stalwarts. Understandable.

Id be willing to bet that there is no shortage of interest from parties/end users willing to finance the project. Id be also willing to bet that they would be using the weakness as a means to secure the best deal possible (i.e. steal a slice of the project). Im happy for the company to wait to negotiate the best deal possible so long as it doesnt delay the project timetable. I trust they will play this balance act for the best interest of shareholders. HP $70 financing gives flexibility here.

Whilst the coal price is low and thermal projects are being shelved, even at todays prices vista is still profitable. But we're not talking about coal prices today, vista is about coal prices for 30 years from 2015. An end user / potential financier with an ounce of vision would realise this. Hope Im right!

PLenty of risk involved here and the share price has been discounted for it. Not many coalers who havnt been beaten up similarly.

Im holding on and riding out the storm.

All IMHO only

Good luck to holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.