TPI 4.29% 73.0¢ transpacific industries group ltd

Well I suppose that is why there are buyers and sellers. I dont...

1. 5,646 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 544
    Well I suppose that is why there are buyers and sellers. I dont agree with your thoughts for the following reasons.

1. Interest - The capital only kicked in for half a year so I expect the $17m saving to reach more like $25m to $27m in 2013. In addition they will pay less on the convertible note so that's another $6million saving plus the accelerated amortisation on the notes of $16.5m and the establishment costs of former debt facilities of $17.2m. all in all that suggests that interest in 2013 should drop from $185.9m to $138m - that's $47m on its own.

2. They had a lot of fixed asset acquisitions that I think have come to an end - I wish they would define the new plant and equipment under two headings - Stay in business and development. I have asked but all I got was a comment that said it should slow dramatically after the rationalisation and restructure which was coming to an end. So say we only save half this year. So new assets $90m and depreciation of $188m that nets us $98m cash next year.

3. Other benefits that are still only coming this year. I did get the impression that some were on their way.

So adding that to the profit expected of say $45m (remember we did not get that as we had the legal settlement this year.) add the savings in interest of $47m and the benefit of a slowing investment in assets of $90m to make the total cash flow from assets $98m ( depreciation less acquisitions)- That means my model generates $190m cash flow to repay debt. With $190m to repay in a year that compounds to a 5 year total repayment.

If your read Warburg Pincus they classify TPI as a recapitalisation investment. I dont think they will sell too much - Its the size that does bode well for the future.

I also know that private equity want all the bad news out of the way. This year I think it was the last hence the rights issue , the restructure of the dent and the repurchase of the bulk of the cnotes. Personally I think added to that the legal settlement this result was the one that they just accept and then the make the business sweat from now. I dont mind getting rid of COO and getting an MD.

All makes sense so I am very happy and even prepared to accumulate @ up to 90 cents. I do think over the next 4 years the business gets into the sweet spot again - manufacturing gone and debt reducing - It will double to $1.80 to $2.00 in 4 to 5 years. I would be very happy with that. I would hope they dont sell off the NZ or the Cleanaway that would be the bulk of the business and time is the needed here.

All my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.