CUV 2.80% $14.57 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Yes, the weird newsletter doesn't instil confidence with its at...

1. 728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 906
    Yes, the weird newsletter doesn't instil confidence with its at times rambling discourse. I would hope to see direct, substantive communication that actually enlightens and gives confidence that things are progressing and not some cryptic reference to a running race from more than 50 years ago. In the final paragraph of the newsletter Wolgen decided to head off on a tangent about sport and business parallels. My opinion is the best way to compare CUV to sport is they are either the punching bag in Mike Tyson's gym, or any type of ball that is continually smashed, kicked or belted around as the shorters have done for many years now on a never ending daily basis. In sport one can also not continually move the goalposts, or come up with a gameplan and then not deliver on it. If the board/management of CUV want to be competitors then they can easily implement a share buyback right now to compete with the shorters as many other Pharma companies have done and are doing right now - it would only require a tiny 15% of the $160 Million cash pile they are sitting on. A share buyback done right would be very effective as the newsletter also stated it only took one institution buying a lot of shares in one month to move the share price to over $40! They never mention how the shorters marched it back down again. The share price dictates the narrative, and 5 year lows when everything else is booming (including CUV profits) and a loss making startup in Disc is valued 3 times higher than CUV, means shareholders like myself are fed up with our team not kicking goals.

So to finish with something about sport and business lets look to the current head of Australia's greatest Pharma company and what he said of his famous predecessor (Perrault) “Paul used to say the share price is the scoreboard, our job is to execute the play on the field." CSL competes at the olympics, CUV has been booted from the ASX 200 and need to show shareholders they are more than just a ball getting crushed by titans in a state of origin rugby match.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.57
Change
-0.420(2.80%)
Mkt cap ! $730.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.02 $15.20 $14.56 $799.8K 54.61K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 304 $14.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.63 1 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$14.61
  Change
-0.420 ( 3.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.78 $14.85 $14.57 4835
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.