LTR 2.19% 93.5¢ liontown resources limited

What might be the reason for explosive SP increase?, page-3

1. 6,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2220
    It seems we agree that the buying spree in LTR shares had very little to do with MI6 or the free shares 1:11.91. So what other reason(s) is there to consider, because the ASX300 inclusion really doesn’t cut it for me either.
    What is the true reason? Could it be institutional knowledge or speculations of a JV partner in the wings to come forward latest just after the DFS? A potential JV partner IMO wouldn’t build a stake in LTR, because they would receive that for their commitment in spending X million on building the KV project.Who could a potential JV partner be? I don’t think it would be the much suggested BHP, because they wouldn’t need us, they would have the knowledge and capital to do by themselves.

Or could the buying be based on institutional knowledge or speculation on a TO of the demerged LTR and the DFS out there? However given the TG and friends blocking position, who would try knowing that the TO premium would probably have to be quite high and the possibility of a biting war with other likely interested parties? This possibility would get BHP back into the picture, but also some other big players or combination of those to secure supply chain certainty into the future. On this note I‘m thinking VW and other manufacturers who have huge potential for raising the needed capital.

Or could it be institutional knowledge or speculation of a possible KV only asset sale in combination with a capital return to shareholders. Possibly the quickest and easiest opportunity for a profit with a limited time horizon and risk exposure. I went into this possibility before and suggesting certain price points as well finishing at about $2.50 per share as a capital return to shareholders. This possibility would leave shareholders still holding all their current shares, the company very nicely cashed up and therefore free to concentrate on and explore BD to do the same again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.5¢
Change
0.020(2.19%)
Mkt cap ! $2.218B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.5¢ 95.0¢ 91.0¢ $5.733M 6.156M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 146072 93.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.0¢ 124101 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.48pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.