What new Taxes is QLD Labor planning?, page-15

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Dunno DaveR, CTP of course is not a Government fee but a separate insurance fee through Allianz, QBE oir RACQ up here depending on who's box was ticked...but the "registration fee" and Traffic Fee etc etc we get slugged all are.

As an aside and off the subject, the number of CTP claims has risen steadily over the past decade, even though cars are safer and there are in fact fewer injuries sustained in "minor" accidents, but the "oh I've hurt my back", or "I think I've hurt my neck" claims are out of control.

Being in the insurance industry I see it all the time. , just the other day one of my clients tapped the back of another car with a young P plate girl driving, and I mean "tapped" her car as there was no more than a very small bump on the front of his car and hers had a similar bump on the rear...yet she claimed she had suffered whiplash and was going to the hospital for an Xray, and was going to have to take time off work etc etc...plainly rorting the system and going to lodge a claim on CTP...

Unfortunately I think the CTP component is only going to keep going up and up as more people rort and cheat the system for a quick buck...

Last edited by boatboy: 15/10/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.