ADN 6.25% 1.7¢ andromeda metals limited

What's the HPA project worth?, page-7

1. 99 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    Hi Chaya and 12973440 in particular, thanks for responding.

I totally agree, the story is interesting and surely central to the company; to me the Pilbara story is so red or black that it can't be counted upon at this stage by an uninformed punter like me, yet is still an asset well worth having just in case things really take off and out does turn out to be part of the largest ever goldfield. But I would value Pilbara as zero until anything is tested and proved - I'm pretty conservative.

But the HPA  is surely where it is at in terms of something that definitely exists and is mineable?
    James Marsh would not come across from MEP if it were a dead duck, so I agree that the move was a huge bullish flag for the prospects of the company, in my opinion.

Re Kenneth's comments about potential final value, I suppose my question has to be the same as I asked the company in an email, that being where does the money come from for the development of the alumina site? Let's say that they don't take it through to full development, then after some more exploration and with a good tailwind it is an asset that could be worth $20m? Does that seem fair enough?  Discount it back between then and now and it may have a value of say $5m? Total back of the envelope stuff, not even that, just bar talk in fact.
    So let's say I give it a value of $3m, smart glass is a huge mkt that is not going away, the mkt will price in some forward looking hopium on that, so yes, I can see the current mkt cap being justified by the Alumina project alone. If we get lucky and halloysite becomes a real core wonderproduct and we get a fever going on, then just keep adding zeroes as when these things get going people just want in on the story, regardless of the actual valuation.
    So I'm certainly happy being on board at these prices.

I know about halloysite as being used in industrial ceramics to make it white and strong, but that is about all that I know, and that's not really going to set the world on fire. But I also read this quite informative article from a couple of professors in Lousiana.  
    https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/techni...omaterials/nanoclay-halloysite-nanotubes.html
    Nano anything is a great area to be in, but macromolecular delivery, although way above my intellectual pay grade, is surely a great area to be in. I see that biocompatible implants was highlighted and favoured, and there is so much work being done in these areas that for me this looks pretty exciting and if I let my mind go I could see the poor old industrial ceramics guys getting left to at the alter as halloysite runs off with all sorts of new, younger and all together more interesting suitors!

What concerns me is that they say in the article that it is 'an economically viable substance'! And as the quantity that Andromeda would appear to have, it's not a global commodity quantity, so we as shareholders would be better off if the price was mega expensive!! However, if Andromeda sales execs see that article then they know that Merck don't think halloysite is expensive at all, so better get the zeroes added on those sales prices guys!!!   
    But seriously, in face of some of this research, it makes me think that halloysite itself could possibly, just possibly, be in the running for a price re-rating itself, which of course would have knock on effects to the Andromeda price (if Kenneth doesn't run round to Merck first with his private supply....)

This article is really old, from the mid 1960s and is about halloysite: http://www.minsocam.org/ammin/AM49/AM49_859.pdf

If you really get into it (I passed), then halloysite gets toward centrefold spread status  in Clay minerals terms in mags like this: https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/claymin

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $52.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $56.04K 3.534M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 67044 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2945887 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.