SPL 2.22% 9.2¢ starpharma holdings limited

Assuming that the latest plummet is not part of a terminal death...

1. 593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Assuming that the latest plummet is not part of a terminal death spiral, then it can also be assumed that a bounce will eventually happen. Where will it bounce? Well, there is a relatively weak six-month technical support line at twenty cents.

At the moment, fundamentals are probably more important than technicals for SPL. So, here is my take on SPL's fundamentals. All just my humble opinions.

SPL has a management that appears to be hopeless at monetising pharmaceuticals, with failure after failure. This is fixable.

I'm not an expert on dendrimers, so please correct me if I have got any of the science wrong. I think that attempting a proof-of-concept (transporting the payload to the target) by partnering with drugs that are too problematical to use on their own was a strategic error. It was a high-risk strategy that was always likely to go wrong. Proof-of-concept should first have been established using safe drugs. This strategic error is fixable.

If SPL gets a new CEO from outside SPL and from outside the cosy circles of the present BOD, then if the new CEO is full-time rather than part-time, and if the new CEO has the ability to successfully monetise good pharmaceutical products, and if the new CEO has the ability to identify and chop out dead wood, then a bright future beckons for SPL. But probably there are too many "If's".

I actually doubt if SPL has ability to fix its fundamental problems. However, maybe I'm stupid, but I just can't resist trading such a large swing. So, forget the fundamentals, I have bought a few shares based only on the twenty cent technical support line.

Although I don't think that SPL can fix its own problems, I do think that others who are more able might be able to. At these levels I am wondering if a t/o bid might materialise.
    Last edited by Esmer: 02/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
0.002(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $37.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.3¢ 9.2¢ $3.349K 36.18K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 113072 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 108436 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.