RNE 20.0% 0.4¢ renu energy limited

who are we suppose to believe, page-19

1. 1,493 Posts.
    nightspore

Well no, not reduce DJ's profits. Just reduce the cost of distribution. Including any local supermarket. By say 10%. Example. No Sunday trading for starters. "Keep the kettle boiling" notion of making shops more efficient and more local.....maybe even reduce rents (or overheads) and in time, commercial land values (eg: Sydney). Which I expect is why elsewhere in far-flung Aussie the cost of trucking groceries is offset by reduced rent.

Then we will have money left over to afford more expensive electricity bills.

It implies that the customer is NOT always right. Something I passionately hate. The idea that you can satisfy a customer when they are raised to the level of a god.

Hence the customer will be told, no, you can't buy rubbish, because we know best. I'd love to see DJ's go back to basics. Besides, I go here with my vouchers and can't find anything to buy anyway. But that's another story because I won't pay through the nose when I do find something.

or we could add Luxury Tax to everything that is (eg: not food) subject to GST - raise GST to say 10.5% and use the 0.5% to reduce GST on electricity to zero.
    Hence we could then all afford green electricty which should be forced on us anyway.

Electricity gets subsidised until it becomes the dominant source, say 750% of supply and then it will become more efficient and GST reimposed and reduced back to 10%.

Or something like the above. So long as we all suffer together. That's always the secret ingredient.

Its absurd playing the heart strings asking individuals to pay extra for green electricity. Its like buying Green toilet paper. And there is always a mongrel willing to profiteer on marked up green toilet paper when they know there are suckers out there willing to purge their guilt by paying whatever is the asking price of green toilet paper.

And besides, how do we know it is green toilet paper or green electricity? It looks the same. It even feels the same. I invite anyone to put their tongue on first, a regular 240Vac and then a green 240Vac.

What if enough people opt for Green 240Vac and there is not enough power generation to supply the demand for green electricity?

Similarly organic produce. You can't know the brocolii is actually organic. It looks and tastes (which is the all the consumer's can judge it by) the exact same.

Its a pity in a way we don't simply die when we eat non organic. At least we'd have the satisfaction of actually knowing which was which....."A ha! That was the poisonous one! I knew it"!

The End.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $2.904M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $128 30.22K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 10050912 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 4218203 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.