VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

Nortiba, there is no "sense" or logic anywhere in the market at...

1. 423 Posts.
    Nortiba, there is no "sense" or logic anywhere in the market at the moment.

I'm new to VPG, but I researched their assets last week, and while I don't take the announcement of NTA of 94 cents at face value at all, it seems a reasonably solid proposition. With the credit market improving this week, especially in the last day or two, this looks like one of the safer bets in the market at the moment.

The pattern of trades seems consistent with one or two instos dumping, and we have had notices from AMP and CBA. Why would they be dumping? I have NFI really, but I'm guessing it's some sort of "policy decision". Out at any price. On top of this are likely to be margin call sales.

Once those instos are completely out, I would expect an almost immediate bounce to around the 20c mark, where there will be considerable profit taking of people doubling their money in a week or two. After that, I would expect a fairly quick rise to around the 40c mark. Beyond that, it'll come down to the asset quality, and what the company is really worth.

My guesses only. I'm usually wrong. But that is the basis on which I've taken a stake, average 9.25 cents.

BridgeBaron

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.