why are there so many international students??

1. 738 Posts.
    This is not a racist/xenophobic post....to the contrary, i am actually in asia at the moment on business-holiday, love travelling overseas and the new and different cultures....but fair dinkum

why do current australian uni students have to compete with so many international students in our own universities????

I am all for international students coming to australia to help broaden educational cross-experiences, but i think that australia has once again sold out to the highest bidder. There must be a dramatic scaling back imo...would china/japan allow its best unis to be filled to the brim with international students....of course not

Education in australia should be first and foremost about educating YOUNG AUSTRALIANS, not about selling our education to the highest bidder.

people might say ...ohh, but foreign students subsidise aussie students...try telling current local students that when they have to compete with access to computer pools, lecturer access, library access etc

I think one of the reasons is that most if not all of the people in power in our country got their education when they didn't have to compete with international students, and so wouldn't know what it is like at presnt in their bubble cocoon.

education is the main currency of the future...and once again, australias young people have been sold out by our so called leaders

To people who might criticise this post..how about venturing into an aussie uni, and asking a local student about what it is like to have lecture rooms/tute rooms crowded, computer rooms crowded, being one of a handfull of students in the class when the rest of the class is filled to the brim with cash cow foreign students...as many postgrad accounting degrees are

australia has sold out the education of local aussies to the highest bidder, we have dropped our university standards, and we will pay for this in the future

disclosure....recent uni graduate

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.