CYM 2.63% 3.7¢ cyprium metals limited

WSJ just published a good article on what's happening in Peru....

1. 1,067 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    WSJ just published a good article on what's happening in Peru. Peru is currently in the dumpster. Protests have caused about $1.3B in damage so far in violent anti-government protests. 47 civilians have been killed in clashes with the police.

China’s MMG Ltd. said on Monday that it would have to stop production at its Las Bambas copper mine on Wednesday if road blockades continue, due to a shortage of critical supplies. Currently, there are 65 road blockades. On Jan. 20, Glencore PLC said protesters broke into its Antapaccay copper mine, demanding the company stop operations and call for Ms. Boluarte’s resignation. Before leaving, they looted workers’ housing and set fire to buildings, the company said.

There is currently no solution to these issues in the short term, so I fully expect the protests to escalate and totally disrupt Peruvian copper supply in 2023. Farming produce & fuel supply disruption has also been affected and they now expect a recession as the Lima Chamber of Commerce expects 1.1m jobs to be lost as a result. Tourism has also dried up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $56.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.9¢ 3.6¢ $51.12K 1.375M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 635818 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 165316 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.