CYM 0.00% 3.3¢ cyprium metals limited

He actually said that 20-30% of copper is from heap leach, and...

1. 1,391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1190
    Sorry Tinhat I believe you've misunderstood what he said. Below is the transcript where he says, they don't apply the same parameters in the field as they did in the lab and that is the problem.

He actually said that 20-30% of copper is from heap leach, and it is only in Australia where we are bad at it. So the overseas companies have IP around the parameters they use because of R@D. Australian companies that have failoed don't because they alter the parameters from the lab to the field.

14:15 mark in video https://www.samso.com.au/post/why-cyprium-metals-limited-asx-cym-is-a-different-copper-producer

“What we’ve got to understand is that 20-30% of the copper produced in the world is from heap leach. South America, North America Asia, places like that. Fundamentally in this country we are not very good at it. We’ve just gotta face that, right. And the reason why we are not very good at it, and I keep saying this repeatedly, is we don’t get the parameters from the lab and transfer them effectively to the field. And that’s the problem. When you understand how heap leach works, if you see what the parameters were in the lab and then walk into the field you can tell where they have gone wrong. And the problem with heap leach is it’s not like it’s going through a treatment plant where you come in one hour and there is a mproblem and you make an adjustment and you lose an hour. With heap leach you are putting down millions of tonnes, and you are waiting time for it to coime out, so if you make an error transferring those parameters then you end up with a million tonne of material and no copper coming out of it. Which to tell you the truth rarely happens because it is the rate of the copper coming out is what you want. And it’s about whether the copper is coming out fast or it’s coming out slow. And even with what we do we have a number of tools that we can use if we think the copper is coming out too slow to accelerate it in the field.”

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.