ADN 5.56% 1.9¢ andromeda metals limited

I don't know what RG does. His removal, however, risks...

1. 1,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234
    I don't know what RG does. His removal, however, risks unravelling all ADN's hard work, right at the most critical juncture.

A lot of posters are complaining about RG's pay packet. IMHO, and respectfully, they are being myopic. Of all the things to worry about, RG's pay packet is the absolute least impactful on ADN's future. Sure, reject the current proposal if you want. But you can't roll back stuff shareholders already agreed to support.

Many posters are conflating two distinct issues: having an effective chair, and fair remuneration.

My question would be this. Would shareholders be so keen to remove Directors if they hadn't asked for so much money? I doubt it. So if that's true, if JM has been carrying all the weight, then why has that only become an issue now? And if that's true, what many posters are proposing is to add more weight to JM's shoulders, just as ADN nears the finish line. And for what, to prove a moral point? Put another way, if an effective Chairman was such an important issue, why was it only raised now? Many are reacting emotionally to the pay, rather than being pragmatic, and delaying significant change until after the merger and funding are completed.

The company doesn't just rest on the BoD. Shareholders can sink or support a company too. The life raft analogy is apt. The sharks are still circling. The hole in the keel has been patched. The shore is within sight. Focus on reaching that shore. Then, when our feet are on dry land, talk about changing the team.

Changing the BoD isn't just like hiring a new staff member, with say a 2 week induction period. ADN will have to find a replacement. That will take time and a lot of effort. When/if they get a new chair, its likely they will want to put their stamp on things. They may have conflicting view points with JM. At best the team is likely to go through the "storming" period when ADN is trying to obtain finance. At worst, there is no replacement found, the merger is delayed, the SP tanks, the shorters rejoice, and shareholder recriminations and blamestorming reaches fever pitch. Seriously, talk of mutiny at his juncture is enough to put even me off holding ADN. Why on earth must this issue be addressed right now? Not a year ago, not in a year's time, but right now in the middle of a merger? Its just irrational, IMHO. And in all fairness, a few holders here have proven to be hot headed. The worst time to make impactful decisions is when emotions are running hot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $59.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.7¢ $55.25K 3.070M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 704412 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1205531 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.8¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.7¢ 3483208
Last updated 15.21pm 09/05/2024 ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.