SPL 0.00% 13.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

Why not an Aztrazenica buyout

1. 4,812 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 245
    I don't understand why some are cynical about an AZ buyout, as shown below link only couple of days ago they state they are looking for potentials to acquire and increasing partnerships with a view to increasing their pipeline, why not Starpharma they already have three candidates moving towards the pipeline Starpharma would give then DEP?dox entering phase 11 another 2 or 3 that Starpharma have done pre-clinicals on and the opportunity to use the platform on multiple drugs now shelved or needing new patents. They could get double figure drugs into the pipeline fairly easily, did Jackie not say that AZ results were excellent and the platform is showing vastly improved results on current drugs. AZ would also get the BV cream almost ready for FDA approvel and already approved in Europe and therefore much of the world, as far as condoms and Agro they could sell off if they did not want, the dendrimer also has potential in diabetis and eye treatment and who knows what else. Such an acqusition would have great potential for them in increasing their pipeline, what would they need to pay I think something around or over $3billion would do it maybe even less. We should remember that maybe the Starpharma team are getting worn out now it has been a long journey which without a big Pharma takeover still has a long way to go, a buyout accelerates the journey to end user significantly and puts huge resources into getting this science to patients.  "AstraZeneca is also working on bolstering its pipeline and is looking at suitable acquisitions. In addition to acquisitions, the company is pursuing co-development deals with companies", could Starpharma be in the mix.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/astrazeneca-stock-rising-17-whats-145902567.html
    I think it is a possibility and may even be reason for milestone delay, anyway maybe I am well off the mark but it makes sense to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 13.5¢ $3.441K 25.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 381326 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 34884 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
13.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ 5637
Last updated 14.53pm 29/04/2024 ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.