ADN 5.56% 1.9¢ andromeda metals limited

I don't disagree with your logic Giga and you make some very...

1. 1,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    I don't disagree with your logic Giga and you make some very valid points.

I agree, looks at SCM's from a waste perspective is obviously cheaper, albeit my understanding is the flyash (primarily pond ash) comes with additional costs to remedy prior to utilisation & at some point the source of these materials will be switched off. That said, there is heaps of flyash laying around, so that won't be a major issue. A key factor for consideration, is how much flyash and/or slag can you use as a binder before the integrity of the concrete is compromised. I would assume no more than 10-20% and from what I've read, you can got to 40-50% metakaolin and the concretes properties actually improve, not diminish and you achieve correlating % reduction in the carbon emissions - in a simple way.

You are also spot on, with the fact that economics will always rule and ultimately the actual cost of a HRM metakaolin product and logistics combined, need to be at a level that makes it a feasible proposition, supported by the carbon emission reduction tail winds.

And, yes (new) technologies that can improve the enery & emission profiles of heating limestone are in train and will play a major part in aiding the cement industry to meet is net zero ambitions.

If ADN or ZEO can deliver a low cost HRM close to the primary cement players and near domestic concrete consumption, then, maybe just maybe metakaolin will play a role in Australian cement mix strategy towards net zero - noting, this is already happening in Europe.
    Last edited by fastcar: 24/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $59.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 1.9¢ 1.7¢ $25.83K 1.431M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 4347850 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 3045798 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.8¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.86 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.8¢ 263596
Last updated 15.56pm 03/05/2024 ?
ADN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.