I think you and i are on different trams pintahoo I respect...

1. 6,437 Posts.
    I think you and i are on different trams pintahoo

I respect anyones point of view whether i think it right (IMO) or not - we should all be able to debate each others point of view in a civil manner - without intimidation or the threat of violence - i am not accusing you of anything like this , however my stance is for traditional marriage , a union of man and woman for the reason of procreation , the development of a family , offspring , children , the family unit for guidance , support and the carrying on of the family genes , name , history

Marriage for Lesbian , Gays or Transgenders is a title only - no family can be generated from this union , only surrogacy or adaption - this is all possible now as is civil unions , estates , joint ownership , joint bank accounts ...anything they want .

A marriage certificate is required for what other reason ?

I respect our elder people in society who are basically gobsmacked not only by the notion of SSM but also by the standover tactics used by the YES campaign to push their agenda - elderly women and men who embrace marriage and the family unit are now being labelled bigots and homophobes . This is a disgrace , they are entitled to hold a view that basically for their , their parents and their grandparents lives was viewed only as NORMAL

Nobody is denying anyone their rights , gays and lesbians are free in this society to live and do as they chose but why attack the sanctity of a traditional marriage and family unit ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.