SYR 0.00% 26.0¢ syrah resources limited

Hi obladiblada01, I use Incredible Charts software at $9.95 per...

1. 447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Hi obladiblada01,

I use Incredible Charts software at $9.95 per month including data. It runs on Windows and MAC. You can also try it for free, however, the free version has restricted scanning. [1]

It has a reasonable scan function, but I prefer to manually flip through each chart. This suits me because I am 95% limiting stocks from the ASX 500. This subsequently needs to be condensed to a manageable level of say no more than 100 stocks.

All of the stocks mentioned in your long portfolio were already in my dedicated Incredible Charts uptrend watchlist folder. That is to be expected given we seem to have similar basic technical analysis entry rules such as price being above the 200-day EMA, etc. I had a quick look at them and they all look pretty similar to my portfolio, i.e., strong up-trends. There are so many strong stocks out there now that it is unfortunate I have to miss out on some great opportunities. I own ALU and ACX, but I wish I also owned contemporaries BIG and NXT.

I'm slowly starting to realise the value of incorporating a small degree of fundamental analysis when helping to decide which stocks to buy among several that look strong technically. A2M, BIG, and BKL are some examples of strong FA. By contrast, stocks like SYR and BUB are based on speculation of possible future earnings. Mark Minervini and Dan Zanger incorporate basic FA such as strong rising earnings into their buying decision process, even though they are mainly technical traders.

Mark Minervini's trend template is in some aspects similar to what we both use. [2]

1. https://www.incrediblecharts.com/free-charting_software/free_download_mac.php

2. https://www.prorealcode.com/prorealtime-market-screeners/trend-template-mark-minervini/

(ACX_ALU_APX_ASL_A2M_BAL_BKL_BSL_CWY_DCC_EHE_EVN_ILU_NWH_SDF_SIQ_SPL_SYR)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $269.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 26.5¢ 25.3¢ $1.799M 6.994M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 197742 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.0¢ 150102 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.