DOU 0.00% 0.4¢ douugh limited

All, I can categorically say that the app works although it...

1. 94 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    All, I can categorically say that the app works although it still has some bugs that need to be ironed out and there needs to be improvements to the user interface to make it more user friendly and easy to use.

I actually used a newer version of ZipT (http://zipt.com/App/0.93/ZIPT_093.apk) but not sure if this is the reason why it worked for me. Also fortunately I have relos from Singapore who were kind enough to lend me their Android phone and together with my Android phone, I could test this quite extensively using the two phones.

1. Activation
    SMS activation for my Australian number did not work - but I could use the "Hear ITK?" function to get activated. But SMS activation for the Singapore number worked. ZipT must have turned off this function for the Australian numbers (presumably to stop us from snooping)
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-20-05-32.png

2. Call quality under 2G conditions
    I deliberately switched to 2G for both phones and made a call to each other and the call quality was good and clear.
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-19-54-50.png
    I also made a call using 2G to a landline in Singapore and again the call quality was good.
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-19-57-23.png

3. Messaging
    A few people have said the "Message" function does not work. I found that you could not send SMS to other mobiles that are not on ZipT but you can send messages to another user on ZipT. This is one clear instance that the user interface needs to make clear that this function is meant for ZipT to ZipT users.
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-19-56-22.png

4. Call Rates
    I realised that call rates are dependent on the destination and the call rates to Singapore were extremely attractive at 0.7 cents.

Rates to the pilot target countries are:
    - India: 0.8 cents
    - Brazil: 1.2 cents
    - Mexico: 0.6 cents
    - US: 1.3 cents
    - UK: 1.2 cents

But Australia is 3.9 cents and China is 1.0 cents.

5. Caller ID
    When calling to a mobile phone (so called ZipT premium) with ZipT, the number that displays is my actual number, which is quite useful.

Summary
    In summary, the app does what I thought they told us it would. Good call quality using 2G and cheap call rates (Skype for India is 1.6 cents and US is 2.5 cents). However there are still bugs to be ironed (such as the destination phone will continue to ring if I dial and hang up promptly) and the user interface is not as user friendly as I would have liked (which I think is partly to blame for some of the problems reported by users here).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.328M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 16086677 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 12160986 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DOU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.