As it stands, the justice system seems to be becoming...

1. 468 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    As it stands, the justice system seems to be becoming prejudicial. If I were to assault an ambulance driver, I'm sure that I'd have the book thrown at me. Why? Because I'm a white male not from a disadvantaged background. But since when is justice about the perpetrator of the crime? Surely it's about remedying things for the victims with an overarching goal of showing EVERYONE in society that certain actions won't be tolerated. It shouldn't matter who assaults an ambulance driver, it should just matter that the driver was assaulted and whoever did it should be punished. They broke the guy's foot as he was trying to HELP SOMEONE. He hasn't been able to work since the attack and his injuries are so bad that he needed multiple surgeries. This guy's foot will never be the same again. And these women don't even spend a day in jail. Why? Oh because they've had a hard childhood and were intoxicated.

Lesson for everyone: if you've had a rough life or a disadvantaged background - just do whatever the f*** you feel like to other people, and if you ever get in trouble - just pull out the disadvantage get-out-of-jail-free card.

I think the solution is to limit the factors a judge can consider when sentencing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.