OVT 25.0% 0.3¢ ovanti limited

It's a spec stock with no guaranteed ROI for investors. If...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    It's a spec stock with no guaranteed ROI for investors. If you're holding or buying at this time, you're doing so in a risk heavy environment. COVID-19, Mass supply disruptions, Inflation at extremely high levels and a war all weighing heavy on markets.

It doesn't matter when you invest as risks are always present. The biggest problem is the unknown risks. The black swan events that catch everyone off guard. This is when the greatest wealth transfers occur. What I view as rather fortunate is that these events have all come in very gradually which has allowed time for businesses to react to them in a way that hasn't damaged share prices too much. I'm sure there's an argument to be made that it has impacted share prices negatively however that is not my view. I think share prices have had the air taken out of them and what we're seeing is bare bones value.

I believe that these events have caused the tide to go out so to speak. When money is cheap it gets thrown around and props up share prices to levels that can't really be justified. This is the easy ride, when the tide comes in if you like. It's easy for anyone to make money under these conditions. When it comes to crunch time and the going is not so good it causes investors to really take stock of where they have their money invested. Is there a real return? Is something worth as much as it was when the going was easy? Take Z1P for instance, it was priced at a few billion dollars however it was losing excessive amounts of cash. Where is the return for investors?

One of my favorite quotes of all time is from Warren Buffett, "A rising tide floats all boats... Only when the tide goes out do we discover who's been swimming naked".

There's room for risk in my own portfolio and that place has been allotted for IOU. I'm actually doing fairly well outside of the market at the moment so I've placed a lot more of my attention there. This isn't the time to buy more yet in my opinion. I think there are more lows on the way across the entire market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.960M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $103 34.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 16816344 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 1022864 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.