OVT 25.0% 0.3¢ ovanti limited

The market lives in these boom and bust cycles. It moves from...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1980
    The market lives in these boom and bust cycles. It moves from one sector to the next. Lithium is roaring at the moment and this happened three or four years ago as well, then it went through a down cycle until now and it's back in favor again. I see it time and time again across all sectors.

Tech had a big boom through the pandemic and prices went to ridiculous highs. Cathie Woods Arc Investment looked like a raging success. She was touted as the new market oracle. That was until economics shifted and all those gains started to fall away. Masayoshi Son, head of Softbank investment was another big name in Tech Investment that suffered major losses over the same period. This is why Warren Buffett is the best at what he does. He chooses good businesses, with a point of difference that last through economic changes. When others are second guessing their investments, Buffett is doubling down. Just last week he purchased a large stake in HP. All while the tech sector is losing ground. Cathie Woods has now made less of a return than Buffett over the same time frame. Chasing what's hot has never been the way to long term success.

You can either chase the next hot sector or you can ask yourself, what makes this business different? It's not about DBL or BNPL. Those are just vehicles for the underlying goal to become a leading digital payments company. Also, if you wanted to win at lithium you should have been buying last year when it was out of favor. Everyone buying now is already too late in my opinion. I mentioned a while ago about BHP looking like a good buy. Not sure if anyone took me seriously but it's made a 42% ROI plus dividends, by the time something is "hot", you're already too late. Not investment advice, just my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OVT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $4.960M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $103 34.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 16472144 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 1022864 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.49am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OVT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.