TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

Ann: Somers Limited on-market takeover bid for Thorn Group Limit, page-12

1. 683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249

"Forager sold 10 million shares at average of 0.207 in April.
    Can we assume that they will be sellers at 0.21?"

I cannot say what Forager will do, but it would be normal for there to be a gain-of-control premium.
    When Forager sold at 20.7 cents, a month ago, they were not selling into a takeover, whereas now they would be.
    Somers' bid should include a premium for gaining control.
    If Forager could get 20.7 cent a month ago, why would they sell the rest of their shares into a takeover for just 21 cents?
    As of the last notice, Forager were still holding 11.75% of the shares in TGA.
    If Forager are still holding more than 10% of the shares, they can block compulsory acquisition of all the shares and thereby block the takeover. In other words, Forager would still have a blocking stake.

As noted by radman41, would Somers sell all their shares for 21 cents? I think not.
    Thus far, every share traded since the offer has traded above the offer price.
    I think the market is sending a message to Somers.
    The pressure is now really on the non-Somer's directors as they have to come out and say whether the bid is fair.
    Will the non-Somer's directors find an accounting firm willing to write a report saying that they consider 21 cents to be fair and reasonable?
    Possibly, but if they do, it will be a transparently risible opinion.

What Somers have offered thus far, is pure brass neck opportunism.

BTW, because this is an on-market bid, I wondered if that negated the requirement for a bidder's and a target's statements, but not according the reference below.

"Despitethe offers being made on-market, a bidder’s statementand target’s statement still needs to be prepared in amarket bid." Page 32

https://www.allens.com.au/globalassets/pdfs/sectors-services/ma/takeovers-handbook.pdf

Cheers

Last edited by Downanout: 20/06/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.