LTR 0.27% 92.3¢ liontown resources limited

Morning friends - I apologise for the stupid question but being...

1. 241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Morning friends - I apologise for the stupid question but being a younger fella and new to the investing game this is my first experience in such a situation (being the proposed takeover).

The wording of the Board re: the $3 offer from ALB was around intending to recommend acceptance should all conditions be met.

Lets say hypothetically the offers start coming in and eventually a true best and final of $3.50 meets all conditions and the BOD recommends the shareholders to accept - would we expect to hear from the Board as to WHY this is their recommendation?

In my uneducated opinion, $3.50 would still be too low. I want to see this rip into production and pay dividends for the next couple of decades at least. Therefore, a no vote from me. But it would be in the back of my mind as to why the BOD would recommend taking it. Is it personal - they're tired, looking for a nice pay day and to go and enjoy the fruits of their labour? Or is it a real business move - there are significant risks that could materially impact the interests of shareholders?

Just wondering if this is something we could expect throughout the process?

All hypothetical of course - thanks everyone

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
92.3¢
Change
-0.003(0.27%)
Mkt cap ! $2.236B
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 93.5¢ 90.0¢ $10.76M 11.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 385584 92.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
92.5¢ 169016 38
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.42pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.