Yes, Scott and Wafflehead, I suppose we are all drinking from...

1. 2,735 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Yes, Scott and Wafflehead, I suppose we are all drinking from the same large spring, ( "I Thirst", and in the passage from John regarding the Samaritan Woman at the well of the Ancestor Jacob seeking the water of Eternal Life) using our own understandings and value systems on our journeys (Pilgrimages).

These approaches are often criticised using pejorative terms, Ie. 'cafeteria-style chose what you like from the available selection.

I have, for some time now, relied upon my own inner Pilgrim, being aware, but using discrimination and consideration to assist me.
    I am drawn to the Krishnamurti view of rejecting authority, but that certainly does not mean rejecting that which is universal and 'truthful', whatever that means or wherever it is found.
    Although rejecting Authority, I am always strongly guided by the Wisdom of the Ancients, and one or two contemporary Sages, in particular the writings of a Hindu on Christian Scripture and other religions namely Ravi Ravindra. (As I have referenced over a number of years).

In a larger sense of the term I would say I have ceased searching, or "browsing through the Cafeteria", but my personal journey is far from over, content these days to remain 'open' and to try to practise principled daily activity (To the best of my ability lol).

I always appreciate the types of comments from posters like yourselves.
    Never had an 'Epiphany', rather a slow awakening, I guess I am 'woke' which I regard as progress.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.